Posted by: Jennifer | March 26, 2007

could have told you that was going to happen

I have to admit that when I read the first paragraph of this story I thought it was a joke. No such luck.

An Ottawa woman says she became sick after eating a brand of dog food that has been recalled throughout Canada and the United States.

The woman said she noticed her dog wasn’t eating so she took bites of the food herself to try to trick her pet.

She said she suffered loss of appetite, vomiting and foaming at the mouth, while her dog also became sick.

Ontario-based Menu Foods has recalled all varieties of its wet dog and cat food after at least 16 animals died after eating the food.

U.S. authorities discovered rodent poison in samples of the food, which was sold under brand names such as Iams, Nutro and Eukanuba.

While I don’t doubt that the woman’s pet was eating food that had been poisoned, I would think that anyone who ate any type of dog food would become ill. Was that seriously the only thing that she could think of to do? I would have tried to given him different food, like toast or something. I’ve got to tell you, it would never occur to me to eat my cats’ food just because they weren’t chowing down. My love has limits, I guess.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Categories

%d bloggers like this: